Your fresh flowers may look a little thirsty when you arrive home, this is normal. Please follow these simple steps to care for your flower bouquet:
Prepare a clean vase or container with about 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If available mix in a little flower food to prevent bacteria and give added nutrients.
Remove your bouquet from the paper wrap. Remove any foliage from the flowers that will fall below the waterline of your container. This prevents the growth of mold or bacteria which can cause premature wilting.
Using sharp scissors or a knife, cut your stems diagonally, approximately one inch from the bottom of the stem. The angled cut allows for a larger surface area for water absorption.
Place your bouquet in water immediately after trimming the stems.
Keep your fresh flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts and excessive heat.
We recommend changing your water every 48-72 hours to help keep your flowers fresh. You can also give them a fresh trim when you change the water to keep them fully hydrated.
1. Remember exposing flowers to warm environments (outside, a hot room, sunlight, etc.) will help the flowers bloom, while storing your flowers in a cooler environment will slow down the opening process. Most flowers should be kept in a cool, dark location unless you are trying to speed up the blooming process. Always avoid direct sunlight and excessive heat.
Also, keep flowers away from fruits, vegetables and/or plants which produce ethylene gas. Ethylene in the surrounding area could cause your flowers to wilt.
Peonies are shipped dry so please open your order immediately and follow these steps to hydrate your peonies and allow them time to bloom. If you have questions, comments or concerns about your peonies please contact us as soon as possible.
- Prepare a clean container with room temperature water.
- Cut stems with sharp scissors at an angle at least one inch from the bottom and remove all leaves below the waterline.
- Allow 24-36 hours for the buds to open in a room temperature location, or delay the blooming by keeping them refrigerated
- Change the water every one to two days to extend the life of your flowers.
- Enjoy your premium peonies!